In response to the COVID-19 National Emergency, Firefly Yoga has temporarily moved all classes online. It’s important during this time of social distancing that we still remain connected to each other and to our yoga practice. We hope you will join us each week for live, online yoga classes in the comfort of your own home.
How to take online classes with us:
- Download the free Zoom app on your smartphone or computer (www.zoom.us/download)
- Signup for class in advance using the free MindBody app on your smartphone, or at www.fireflydanville.com/schedule using a computer. Your existing class passes and memberships will apply.
- After you book a class, you will receive the class-specific Zoom link in your auto-confirmation email from MindBody. If you do not receive this email, please check your settings in your MindBody account to be sure you have all email notifications enabled.
- Login to Zoom 5-10 minutes before class and place your Zoom device 6-8 feet away from your mat, so that the teacher can see you whether you are sitting or standing. You might choose to have a second device nearby to play the music of your choice.
- At class start time, please mute your sound on your side of Zoom; that way you can all hear the teacher’s cues, but others cannot hear you. You may choose to share your video, or to turn it off for a more private experience.
Setting up your home yoga space:
Before you login to Zoom, we suggest gathering any props (or substitutes) and setting up your home yoga area:
- Yoga mat
- Water with lid
- Phone or computer with Zoom app, placed 7-8 feet away from your mat, with the screen facing you
- Second device to play music of your choice
- Yoga blocks (2 for Vinyasa Flow; 4-6 for Yin or Restorative)
- Blanket – folded or rolled (1 for Vinyasa Flow; 2 for Yin or Restorative)
- Yoga strap, or a scarf that you can tie one end into a loop
- Bolster, meditation pillow, or throw pillows for yin/restorative
- Adjustable lighting – you might want to be able to turn the lights down for savasana 🙂
- Pets, kids, significant other, roommates – you’re welcome to invite your whole household to class!
Thank you for supporting your local yoga teachers.
Like you, we are disappointed about not being able to practice yoga together in person at our studio. But, we hope that temporarily transforming into an online yoga community will let us continue: to serve our students by sharing yoga in a welcoming community; to support our teachers by allowing giving space to teach and income in exchange for sharing their skills and energy; to sustain our small local business. We are are grateful to each student who chooses to practice with us.